‘Tis the season to be jolly, be creative, imaginative and innovative. Christmas is definitely the most wonderful time of the year! Where people go home to be with their loved ones and families, singing caroling songs, saying words of cheer, exchanging holiday gifts, and putting up that one bright star on top of the Christmas tree.
A lot of people, kids and even kids at heart always look forward to the holiday season. Not only because to celebrate because it is also that one holiday season where you can do stuff with your family at home— like doing DIY Christmas decorations. Kids can be creative, fun and imaginative.Young adults and parents can hop in and bond with their family in creating Christmas decorations out from scratches.
It is also a good thing to DIY such decorations to make your house livelier and to feel the spirit of Christmas which makes everything more meaningful and memorable. Today, this blog post will help you make the most of your DIY with family by turning a simple kitchen funnel to a mini Christmas tree cones.
Let’s check this out!
DIY Christmas Tree Cone
There are a lot of desirable and ready-made decorations you can find today in the supermarket or at the department stores. They are all lovely and amusing in the eyes. Yet, didn’t you even realize how the small simple things at home can turn out into something lovely for a Christmas decoration too? Plus, what makes it even more lovely because you can DIY (do it yourself) it with the whole family. Makes weekends more ideal and well spent.
Let’s start with listing what you will be needing…
What You Need
Basically, all the pieces you will ever need won’t be hard to find because they will be all easy to find at home.
Here are some of the things you will be needing:
- 3 Piece dollar tree funnel set
- Hot glue gun
- Glue sticks
- 9-yard rolls of ribbon
- Beads, fabric or felt, foam, feathers for designs
- Mini star
- A table for set up
- Art paper or you can use a newspaper to keep things clean
- Cloth to keep you from paint and dirt
- Protective gloves for kids
And don’t forget your camera for some snaps right after and for some documentation while you are at it!
Steps in Creating a DIY Chrismas Tree
Now that you finally gathered all the materials we will be needed in making your DIY Christmas decorations, it’s time to follow the steps in doing the Christmas tree cone.Ideally, you have to start with calling your kids and have them settled down either outside of the house or at the living area, or art area. Make sure that they are settling on a work area using the newspaper with some protective clothes on— just in case things get messy.
Take out your hot glues and make sure that kids have full supervision in using it. Best to have them make use of the gloves to make sure they don’t get burned by the hot glue. Once settled it’s time to finally start doing the DIY Christmas tree. Here are the steps to follow:
- It could be more ideal to buy funnels of different sizes. You can start with putting the largest funnel as the set base. Add a few dots of hot glue to the inside of the medium funneL to be placed on top of the base. Press the medium funnel lightly to secure the medium funnel on top of the large funnel. Repeat this step to secure that the smallest funnel in the set is on top of the medium funnel. You can still add another mini funnel in size if you have.
- Once all the funnels are securely glued, and the Christmas tree is formed. It is time to cut 18 inches of ribbon. Secure the one end of the ribbon to the bottom or at the base funnel with a dot of hot glue. Pinch the ribbon every 2 to 3 inches to create a beautiful ruffle effect. Then secure every 2-3 inches to the base funnel at the bottom part with a large dab of hot glue.
- The next layer of ribbon will be cut from 6-8 3 inches strips of ribbon depending on the size of the ribbon you’re using.
- Fold one end of each ribbon strips joining both of their ends with a small dot of hot glue to create a ribbon effect loop.
- Right after, glue each ribbon loops as the next layer of the tree. Do this until you have fully covered the base funnel.
- When you finally get to the edge of the medium funnel, the next layer, repeat step 2 to cover the edge of the layer. Once complete do steps 3 to 5 until the medium layer is fully covered.
- The same applies when you get to the edge of the small funnel, the topmost layer. Do steps 3 to 5 and make sure everything is covered and complete.
- You can then add some paint to your ribbon. If it’s not plain in color, you can just have it with the original design. Take out your beads and paste it to the ribbons making it seem like Christmas tree balls. You can also put on a feather and other designs you can think of— the rule is to just let your imagination sink in.
- You can then add the mini star at the top of the Christmas tree.
- Once done, you can finally snap a picture-perfect and a million dollar-free DIY Chrismas decorations with your whole family.
Just remember a few things while doing this DIY— make sure you have fun and enjoy the time spent with your family. That’s what more important in celebrating the spirit of Christmas. for more related articles like this one, hop over to this website.